HIMSS Midwest Gateway Chapter Scholarship Application
The scholarship applicant must be a HIMSS student member ($30) in good standing and select Midwest Gateway Chapter membership (free).
The scholarship applicant must be a full-time student in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program related to the healthcare information or management systems field.
All fields are required
- Student information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Student’s Mailing Address
- HIMSS Member ID
- Major/Program Currently Enrolled In
- University Name
- University Mailing Address
- Your Current GPA
Write N/A if it does not apply
- Professional or academic societies or associations to which you belong and any leadership roles and/or achievements.
- Personal achievements or extracurricular involvement in organizations outside of professional/academic organizations.
- Involvement you have had with HIMSS (attended HIMSS Global Health Conference, participated as a program assistant, volunteered with your local chapter, etc.)
- Conferences, seminars, or symposiums you have attended that were related to healthcare information and management systems.
Interest in health information and technology
- In your own words (500-1,500), describe how you believe the use of information and technology in healthcare can improve the quality of care delivered in the United States / Canada and around the world.
- In your own words (500-1,500), describe how you believe the HIMSS Chapter Scholarship funds can assist you in gaining an educational experience that will promote the use of health information and technology in the future.
- One Letter of Recommendation (must be dated within the last year)
- Please have the recommender email their letter to us at MidwestGateway.Scholarship@himsschapter.org.
By submitting your application, you attest to the information being submitted as your original work. Email your completed application and resume to MidwestGateway.Scholarship@himsschapter.org.